Friday, September 1, 2017

Trying to revive my blog today. Four years after I began. I mentioned in my very first blog that I would be posting poetry by other poets and possibly some by me. After a series of successful color parties with my great grandchildren I decided to write some poetry based on color and this is a group of the poems I wrote for RED.
 A collage made on red day by my granddaughter Marissa Adams




RED IS:

Miss Scarlet in a children’s game
Can you guess the mystery?
I wonder if it was
Her crimson hair
That caused all the ruckus,
Or her splendid ruby gown
That swept across the floor
And left a trail of sequins.


Lantana with its brilliant colors,
Intriguing tiny blossoms
Gathered into miniature bouquets,
Blooms in shades of red, ruby, and scarlet,
Gold and orange.


Hot chili peppers!
Shiny, red and beautiful,
Hiding a painful surprise,
One taste numbs your tongue
And your lips.
Watch out! Don’t touch your eyes!


A cherry summer Popsicle,
Cold on the tongue and teeth,
Sticky redness on your arms and hands,
Sweetness melting as fast as you can lick!







©Sharon Gilbert 09/25/2015



 



No comments:

Post a Comment